Personal Injury Claim
Personal injury is an act of an individual due to carelessness, incompetence, unwise decisions and misconduct to another individual. Legal Compensation for personal injury claims involve unexpected, unintentional and unnecessary accidents that happened into our respective houses, offices and schools. Many people are not aware and not sure if they can get compensation for personal injury. Generally, if you commit physical injury or psychological injury you can have the right compensation.
Common example of personal injuries:
- Injuries at work – includes slip and falls
- Medical negligence – medical professionals depriving patient of due service
- Road accidents – such as motorcycle accident, car , bus or any automobile
- Sport injuries – injuries such as sprain, fractures, muscle pains and others
- Criminal injuries – Harmful acts that may cost your life
There are two types of compensation for personal injury. General damages and special damages. General damages embraces loss of fortunes and payment for the pain suffering and the special damages embraces the actual financial loss caused by the accident up to the date of hearing. Steps on how to claim personal injury: Protect your rights after the incident, determine the worth of your claim, and handle a property-damage claim, counter the special tactics insurance companies use, prepare a claim for compensation, negotiate a full and fair settlement and stay on top of your case if you hire a lawyer.
Steps on how to prevent personal injuries:
- Learn- Learn about the laws, rules and regulations that affect your safety everyday.
- Get involve- Participate in all the programs about safety in your society.
- Practice safety measure at home- Make sure that your home is free of danger to minimize accidents.
- Speak- If you know certain things that are dangerous and can be cause by accidents tell it to your friends or to the people surround you for them to be aware.
- Do little things that keep others safe- if you have materials at home that can cause accidents keep it in the safe place. It is better to be careful than to face the consequences of our own careless actions.